Free confidential hotline 016
Plan for dealing with and preventing domestic abuse among foreign immigrant populations
The Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality, through the Government's Delegation for Gender-Based Violence, provides the telephone service for information and legal advice on gender-based violence, through the telephone number 016. Furthermore, inquiries can be sent by email to service 016 Online: email@example.com.
Domestic violence never comes out of the blue.
Call at the first sign of abuse.
Free confidential helpline offering information on:
- Social Resources
- Financial aid
- Access to sheltered housing
- Employment advice
- Legislation on residence papers for foreigners
- Legal issues on criminal and civil affairs (children and family relations)
Services offered by 016 hotline:
- Telephone and online attention.
- Free and professional care.
- Attention 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
- Attention consultations coming from all the territory of Spain.
- Bypassing emergency calls to 112.
- Coordination of similar services of the Autonomous Communities.
- Information to women victims of gender-based violence and their environment on what to do in case of abuse.
- Information on resources and rights of victims in employment, social services, financial aid, information resources, assistance and reception for victims of this type of violence.
- Specialized legal advice, from 9 to 21 hours, Monday to Friday, and from 12 to 20 hours on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Telephone service in 52 languages: English, Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Galician, French, German, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Romanian, Bulgarian and other languages through a tele-translation service.
- Derivation of calls made by minors to ANAR (Ayuda a Niños y Adolescentes) telephone for assistance to children and adolescents: 900202010.
- Derivation of calls related to trafficking in women and girls for sexual exploitation on the telephone of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: 900105090.
People with hearing and/or speech impairment can communicate with the 016 hotline by the following ways:
- Text Phone (DTS) through number 900 116 016
- Telesor service through Telesor's own website. In this case you need Internet connection. telesor.es.
- Mobile phone or PDA. In both cases you need to install a free application following the steps on the Telesor Web page: telesor.es.
- SVisual videointerpretation Service through the svisual.org.